Thursday, November 1, 2007

Airline Ticket Searching = STRESSFUL!!!

Why is it that searching for airfare can be so stressful? I mean is it just me or can it become one of the most taxing tasks ever?


I was recently searching for an airline ticket and it started to drive me nuts. One day it's like $450 and the next day it's like $200. It's almost as if someone is on another computer monitoring the fact that you're looking for a ticket at a particular price and has decided to play a game of "Let's see how long before they crack!"


So anyway, I'm searching for tickets the last couple of days and the prices are comepletely within my range (YEA!!). The only problem is that I can't purchase the ticket until payday (BOO!). So I get out of class last night and think to myself..."I'm gonna check the prices one more time." So I get online and look up the tickets I've had my eye on and I get the message that everyone hates to see that more than likely isn't true...you know which phrase I mean..."THIS IS THE LAST TICKET AT THIS PRICE!!!!"


AAAAHHHHHHH!!! What do I do? Do I buy the ticket now and run the risk of draining my bank account?!? do I wait and cross my fingers?!?...I mean really it's all too much. So I broke and gave into the gimmicks of the stupid ticket websites and bought my ticket. (p.s. I love aa.com, the fares were cheaper directly from them than they were on any of the cheap fare finder websites.)


As if the searching process wasn't stressful enough I then chose to torture myself even more by looking at the fares once I bought my ticket. Luckily the prices hadn't dropped any lower. So tomorow I will quit the ticket game and be happy that I found a great fare on a ticket to visit one of my favorite people and to visit the beautiful place pictured below.



No comments: